What is spray foam insulation?
In a world where energy conservation is so important, using spray foam insulation in your home can really boost your green reputation. Whether you’re building a home or your home has been standing for years, spray foam insulation is one of the best methods to help you lower your energy bills.
What does it do?
Spray foam insulation, also called SPF (Spray Polyurethane Foam), uses a polyurethane foam. When the foam is applied, it hardens and expands to about 100 times its original volume. It can be used to fill spaces in walls and attics and can even be sprayed under your floor for maximum insulation. The foam will find its way into every nook and cranny creating an airtight seal, which is a key property that the other fiberglass insulation method can’t claim.
This sealing effect means that the temperature in your home is regulated so that indoor conditions can always be comfortable, no matter what the outside world throws at you. Your home will be warm in the winter because the heat cannot escape and cool in the summer because the cool air is trapped inside.
If you need expert advice, Eco House Insulation is a specialist team of industry professionals committed to bringing safer, warmer and greener insulation to the homes of Britain.
What are the benefits of Spray Foam Insulation?
- The application is a quick process that can often be completed within a day.
- It won’t irritate your skin if you touch it, unlike fiberglass.
- It has a high resistance to heat flow (known as the R-value). Compared to polyurethane, a much thicker layer of fiberglass is required to exert the same high resistance.
- The foam can get into hard-to-reach places, such as between pipes.
- Your house can increase in value.
- Environmentally friendly as it contains no ozone-damaging chemicals and requires less energy to manufacture than fiberglass.
- Improves structural durability.
- It provides a completely airtight seal.
- It prevents insects and vermin from entering your home.
- Flexibility of the foam means it expands and contracts in harmony with your home, eliminating the possibility of gaps and cracks that allow air to escape.
- The adhesive properties of the foam allow it to stick to walls etc and not crumble like fiberglass. It will last a lifetime.
At Eco House Insulation we value both the environment and your pocket, which is why we only ever provide the most energy efficient and cost-saving solutions available. It has been proven to reduce your energy bills.